How to Meditate For Beginners
If you want to know how to meditate and you are a beginner, I have put together some steps to enhance your experience and make getting started easy for you.
From my experience, although I can meditate on my own, I find it much easier to use a guided meditation cd. to help me stay focused.
However, I will go over the steps to help you if you would like to try it on your own.
Whether you do it on your own or use a CD or recording, you can benefit using meditation to relieve stress and increase relaxation.
Steps on How To Meditate for Beginners
- Find a quiet, comfortable spot to sit or lay. Be sure your spine is in alignment and you are not twisted or sitting sideways.
- Light a candle and do an open eye meditation. Staring at the fire will typically assist you into a meditative state. Just the act of staring into it, will help with relaxation. I find the water very relaxing. If that works for you, you can stare at the image at the top of this page or create the image in your mind.
- You may want to pick out a word or phrase to concentrate on (Thank you, Peace, Happy, Calm, Joy, Om, etc.) and repeat throughout this quiet time.
- Calming music is another great tool you can use to assist in this relaxing practice. Try to be sure the music has a beat of less than 60 beats per minute, as this will help clam your heart rate.
- Start by breathing very slow deep breathes. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Take your breath all the way down to your pelvic area at the bottom of your abdomen.
- Your mind will probably wander. This is not unusual since you are ”practicing” meditation. Refrain from reprimanding yourself and just thank your mind and get back to focusing on your breath, your word or your image. Hence why I find it easier to use guided meditation CD.
If you spent any time quiet and still, applaud your efforts. When we start out, we think that it is important to sit still for an hour and not have our mind wander. As with any developing skill, you have to practice to be good. So even if you only did this for 10 or 15 minutes, you have helped your body relax and re-energize.
Don't feel like you have to do it on your own. It is so much easier if you have some help and you can always get some free online meditation to help you on your journey.
Articles and Information
Benefits of Meditation
Free Online Meditation
How to Meditate for Beginners
Meditation for Children
Self Hypnosis CDs
Silva Mind Control Method
Go To Benefits of Meditation
Leave How to Meditate for Beginners and
go to Natural Cure Alternatives home.
There are many effective herbs and natural remedies, so let us know if you want a personalized consultation.