Unhealthy Foods - 6 of the Worst
There are definitely more than six unhealthy foods to avoid but I didn’t want to overwhelm you. Here are some of the most common ones.
My husband once took a cooking class and the chef used the phrase“fat is flavor.” That may be why we like these foods so much as they are so flavorful (aka Full of Fat).
- Cheeseburgers: Don’t you just love them! These are filled with saturated fat which has been linked to heart attacks, strokes and some types of cancers. Between the processed cheese, red meat and the white bun, you are looking at loads of fats (cheese, meat and mayo), preservatives, and additives. And that doesn’t even include the french fires.
- Lunchables: My kids beg for them. I detest them. Saturated fat, sodium ,sugar snacks, preservatives. No fruits or veggies. Sugar free Jell-o with toxic aspartame or sugary treats. Or Sometimes with Koolaid with artificial color, flavor and lots of tasty sugar. An absolute no in my book.
- Donuts: Oh yes, they smell so good but they are full of white flour, white sugar and filled with trans fats. They might taste good but this sweet treat is a disaster for your blood sugar and your health.
- Fried Chicken: I know it really can taste good and there’s nothing better at that summer picnic but from a health perspective, it stinks. Fat: fried in trans-fat plus the skin = bad. Lots of sodium = bad.
- Sugary Cereals: They might have added vitamins but you may notices that the second ingredient is sugar and the first ingredient that is a grain is so refined that it might as well be sugar. Oatmeal with a little maple syrup or agave and cinnamon is a great substitute.
- Fat Free Foods: If it says fat free there is usually a load of sugar in it - probably salt too. Stay away from proclaimed fat free foods. Fat free doesn’t mean low calorie.
Don’t eat these unhealthy foods. Do your best to eat fresh, whole foods more often and your body will thank you.
Leave Unhealthy Foods and Go to Natural Cure Alternatives Home